In 2016 the Community and Business Development Department will host its third Business Plan Contest. The informational kick-off meeting will be held at 6:00 pm in the Public Meeting Room on the 5th floor of the Stuart Municipal Building located at 100 E. First Street.
Each of the two winners will receive:
- $5,000 grant for startup costs
- $5,000 potential matching micro-loan
- Opportunity to apply to Small Business Loan Program
Business Department staff is happy to provide technical assistance and feedback to participants.
To be eligible for the contest, submissions must be for micro-businesses (5 employees or less) and potentially be located within the NRSA
(Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy Area). This area has been identified by the City of Winston-Salem as being prime for needed development and investment.
Lastly, the proposed business must create low- to moderate-income jobs and/or provide benefit to the low-to moderate-income community.
Timeline for the contest
- Thursday, January 7- Informational kick-off meeting.
- February 4 - Brief business proposals are due. The Development Division /will review the submittals and select the top finalists moving on to the final round
- May - Complete business plans are due from finalists for evaluation by the Small Business Loan Review Committee
- June/July - A winner of the contest will be announced
If you are interested in joining or learning more about the Business Plan Contest, please contact Ken Millett, Business Development Senior Project Supervisor, at (336) 747-7472 or email@example.com