The purpose of HUD Continuum of Care (CoC) Homeless Assistance Programs is to reduce the incidence of homelessness in communities by assisting homeless individuals and families to move to self-sufficiency and permanent housing.
Continuum of Care Grants
The City of Winston-Salem serves as the Collaborative Applicant for Continuum of Care grant funds from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The purpose of HUD Continuum of Care Homeless Assistance Programs is to reduce the incidence of homelessness in communities by assisting homeless individuals and families to move to self-sufficiency and permanent housing. The City of Winston-Salem, in cooperation with the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Continuum of Care and its member agencies, coordinates annual Continuum of Care submissions.
2017 WS/FC CoC (NC-500) Project Grant Application Materials & Overall Funding Process
The City of Winston-Salem seeks proposals for funding to be available under the Continuum of Care Homeless Assistance Grants Program. Proposals are due by 5:00 p.m. on June 30, 2017. The Request for Proposal, application forms and other materials are found below. A grant application workshop will be held on Thursday, June 1, 2017 from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. in the fifth floor Public Meeting Room of the Bryce A. Stuart Building at 100 East First Street, Winston-Salem, NC. This workshop will be held to provide information and assistance to those interested in applying for funds.
RFP 2017 Continuum of Care Homeless Grants [pdf/316kb/5p]
- CoC RENEWAL PROJECT APPLICATION Form 2017 [pdf/273kb/9p]
- CoC NEW PROJECT Application Form 2017 [pdf/369kb/15p]
- 2017 WSFC CoC HUD Approved Grant Inventory Worksheet (GIW) [pdf/83kb/1p]
- Reallocation Process WSFC CoC 2017 [pdf/78kb/2p]
2016 CoC Consolidated Grant Application
The Continuum of Care (CoC) Homeless Assistance programs are offered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to address homelessness in local communities. The FY 2016 CoC Consolidated Application is posted here, which is comprised of the 2016 CoC Application and the 2016 CoC Project Priority Listing. The 2016 Project Priority Listing indicates all of the CoC projects included in the Federal Fiscal Year 2016 CoC application. All projects were accepted, and no projects were rejected. Complete details on the application, rating, and review process also are posted here under 2016 WS/FC CoC (NC-500) Project Grant Application Materials & Overall Funding Process. The WSFC Continuum of Care Governance Charter, which describes the funding process, including the process of the CoC Rating Panel, is posted below on this page under Continuum of Care Governance.
- 2016 Continuum of Care Application [pdf/9mb/235p]
- 2016 Continuum of Care Project Priority Listing [pdf/120kb/24p]
- 2016 HUD Approved GIW [pdf/103kb/2p]
2016 WS/FC CoC (NC-500) Project Grant Application Materials & Overall Funding Process
- RFP 2016 Continuum of Care Homeless Grants[pdf/320kb/5p]
- CoC Renewal Project Application Form 2016 [pdf/287kb/5p]
- CoC New Project Application Form 2016 [pdf/340kb/11p]
- 2016 Renewal Project Scorecard and Threshold Requirements [pdf/259kb/7p]
- 2016 New Project Scorecard [pdf/119kb/5p]
- Reallocation Process [pdf/76kb/1p]
- Evidence of Projects Submitted on Time [pdf/562kb/3p]
- August 15, 2016 Minutes of Rating Panel meeting [pdf/83kb/1p]
- 2016 Renewal Project Performance Data and Scoring [pdf/121kb/4p]
- 2016 New Project Summaries and Scoring [pdf/98kb/2p]
- 2016 Project Priority Listing as Approved by Rating Panel [pdf/77kb/1p]
- August 16, 2016 Minutes of Operating Cabinet meeting [pdf/78kb/2p]
- 2016 Project Priority Listing as Approved by Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Commission on Ending Homelessness [pdf/73kb/1p]
- NC-500's Notification of 2016 Project Priority Listing Approved by WS/FC Commission on Ending Homelessness [pdf/42/kb/1p]
- August 25, 2016 Minutes of Ten Year Plan Commission on Ending Homelessness Board Meeting [pdf/53kb/1p]
Microsoft Word versions of the application forms are available by contacting Tim West at
or by e-mail to Tim West.
2015 CoC Consolidated Grant Application
The Continuum of Care Homeless Assistance programs are offered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to address homelessness in local communities. The 2015 Project Priority Listing of Continuum of Care projects for inclusion in the Federal Fiscal Year 2015 CoC application is posted here. It includes all projects that were accepted. No projects were rejected. The 2015 Project Performance Rating Factors Rubric used to prioritize projects for the 2015 submission, which includes the 2015 CoC Project Type Priority Order Ranking, is also provided. Also, the WSFC Continuum of Care Governance Charter, which describes the funding process, including the process of the CoC Ratings Panel, is posted here. In addition, the 2015 Consolidated Application is posted here.
- 2015 Project Priority Listing [pdf/176kb/1p]
- 2015 Project Performance Rating Factors Rubric [pdf/136kb/3p]
- WSFC Continuum of Care Governance Charter [pdf/7mb/46p]
- 2015 Continuum of Care Application [pdf/11.7mb/288p]
- 2015 Continuum of Care Project Priority Listing [pdf/375kb/17p]
CoC Grant Awards
Other Requests for Proposals
Request for Proposals (RFP) for Permanent Support Housing Services
The City of Winston-Salem (City) is seeking proposals for an agency to be responsible for provision of Permanent Supportive Housing Services to households that are formerly homeless living with a disability and are currently residing in independent housing. Proposals are due by 5:00 p.m., October 14, 2016. The Request for Proposals is found below.
PSH Services RFP and Application [pdf/1mb/7p]
Continuum of Care Satisfaction Survey
Consumers of homeless services are encouraged to complete and submit the following survey.
Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program
Both City and State ESG funds are handled through the City's Consolidated Application process. Access the City's application materials. Recent awards are listed below:
- 2016 ESG Awards [pdf/17kb/1p]
- 2015 ESG Award [pdf/15kb/1p]
Continuum of Care Governance
- CoC Governance Charter [pdf/7mb/46p]
Ten-Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness
- The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Ten-Year Plan to End Chronic Homelessness [pdf/4.2mb/44p]
- Ten-Year Plan Executive Summary [pdf]
Shelter & Housing for the Homeless
Fifth Street II Apartments