Records Center

Records Center

The Records Center maintains the engineering blueprints for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Utilities’ water and wastewater infrastructure. We are also the focal point for processing water and sewer permits and petitions for new service. Our staff is available to answer technical questions and provide diagrams to assist you with location and availability of services. Please call 336-727-8000 or email  at the Records Center for assistance with the services listed below.

Tax Parcel Viewer

Always refer to your property using the Forsyth County Tax Block & Lot Number. This information can be found on your tax bill or by using the Forsyth County Tax Parcel Viewer. Please contact Forsyth County Tax Administration at 336-703-2300 for assistance with this application.

Water and Sewer Connections

New service connections to properties that have water and sewer lines available to tie into are accomplished by obtaining a permit from Customer Service. Costs vary, and are dependent on size of connection required and property location. Visit the Water & Sewer Rates, Fees and Connection Costs page under Utilities for details.

Water and Sewer Petitions

For residents and businesses with no water or sewer lines available to serve their property, petitions will be sent upon request. Different approval criteria and costs are associated with the property location.

Water and Sewer Maps

Record drawings are available online for engineering and surveying firms. The iDocuments program will search for drawings relative to the property being queried. Customers must submit an application to utilize this free service. To register or log in, visit

Notify me of page changes

Receive E-Mail Notification When New Information is Posted on this Page
As a member, enjoy the benefits of MyCityofWS, including your choice of newsletters, and notifications about events and site updates. Login and Manage Your Subscriptions Now.