Citizen's Police Academy - Apply by March 12
Classes are April 4 through June 27 (13 weeks). Sessions are on Thursday nights from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The ultimate goal of the Citizen Police Academy (CPA) is to educate the citizens of Winston-Salem about the operation of their police department while obtaining valuable feedback from those citizens. The academy is NOT designed to train participants to become police officers.
Applicants for the Academy's 13-week educational awareness program must meet 3 basic requirements:
- Must live, work, or attend school in Forsyth County.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must not have a criminal history (a background check is performed).
- Acceptance is at the sole discretion of the agency and is designed to serve the best interests of the agency.
Please see our frequently asked questions page for more details.
* Indicates required information. Please complete all fields.