Recreation and Parks
Recreation and Parks provide activities for people of all ages through recreation centers, parks, greenways, pools, historical sites, golf courses, and other facilities. As you begin to fill in your family calendar, don’t forget to include the recreational opportunities the city is offering this season. We look forward to seeing you in our parks and programs!
- Be sure to visit the Historic Bethabara Park's webpage for more information on upcoming events!
- It's Pool Season! Be sure to check out the 2018 Pool Calendar for opening dates, times, and swim lessons! Pool Schedule [pdf]
- Our recreation centers will be offering summer camps this year! Registration is opened! Click here for more information!
- May 25, 2018, is the official date of the Ribbon Cutting for Winston (Lake) Waterworks! Be sure to come at 11:00 a.m.!
- Free Movies in the Park this summer! June 16 at Fairview Park, July 21 at Winston Waterworks, August 4 at the Fairgrounds and August 18 at Jamison Park. Watch the video below to find out which movies we'll be screening.
- Quarry Park is now open utilizing our regular park hours of 8:00 a.m. to dusk. Be sure to visit and check out this great site comprised of walking and biking trails, restrooms, seating and beautiful sightlines!
- Ten (10) Recreation Center locations offer After School Care!
After School Locations Flier [pdf/1p] | After School Registration Form [pdf/5p]
- Cricket's Nest Craft Shop, located at 4401 Country Club Rd., has new hours! Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. and Thursday's 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. For more information please call, 336-659-4315!
- Salem Lake Construction information
Skate Park at the Winston-Salem Fairgrounds
Muddy Creek Greenway Access
Rental of picnic shelters and facilities
- Salem Lake has been featured on the Triad Treasures blog! Be sure to read the story today! Salem Lake Piedmont Parent Blog
Historic Bethabara Park has events all season!
Miller Park Improvements online Survey
- Check out the Greenway Plan! [pdf/30kb/2p]
Memory Trees & Benches
Visit the Cricket's Nest Craft Shop
- Community Band information, schedule, and video
Recreation Centers map and links
- Recreation & Parks has been recognized by Playacrossamerica.com for the playground at Washington Park! Be sure to read the great review and check out the great photos http://playacrossamerica.com/washington-park-winston-salem/
- Project Update for Salem Creek Connector
Inclement Weather Information