For questions or comments about your water, sewer or stormwater bill, contact CityLink Online, call 311 or 336-727-8000, or e-mail email@example.com.
Pay online and save time! Visit the Pay Bills page to learn how.
- Mail the bottom portion of your water/wastewater bill along with a check or money order (no cash), using the self-addressed envelope provided.
- Pay by bank draft to automatically deduct the amount of your bill from your bank account each billing cycle. Apply at the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Utilities Business Office or call 336-727-8000 to request a bank draft payment application or download it from the Forms page. Your next new bill will be processed for draft payment ten days after the bill date.
- Pay by Visa or Mastercard by calling CityLink at 336-727-8000 or by visiting the Stuart Municipal Building, 100 E. First St., Winston-Salem.
- Pay online via the City eUtility service
- Pay in-person at the Stuart Municipal Building, 100 E. First St., Winston-Salem or the Black-Phillips Smith Neighborhood Government Services Center, 2301 N. Patterson Ave., Winston-Salem. Water/wastewater payments are accepted Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Payments must be accompanied by a copy of your water/wastewater bill.
- Use the night depository located at the Stuart Municipal Building, up the ramp at the side of the building.
We strive to deliver your water and wastewater bills to you well before they are due. Therefore, when payment for a bill is not received by its due date, a 10 percent late charge is added to the amount due and a termination notice will be sent within seven days.
You are given at least fourteen days from the date the termination notice is sent to make payment. If payment on a past due account has not been received by 5 p.m. on the termination date, a $20 late fee is applied and service is scheduled for disconnection. (Please note that the $20 late fee is added, whether your water is physically terminated or not.
A deposit may also be required if your service has been terminated for non-payment and your average bill is $50 or more. If your average bill is less than $50, a minimum deposit of $50 will apply. All deposits are equal to one and one-half times the average bi-monthly or monthly bill amount. For example, if your average bill is $57.90, your deposit amount would be $57.90 x 1.5 = $86.85. All outstanding bills and required deposits must be paid before service is restored.
Appeals for Extensions on Payments
The Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Utilities realizes that occasionally circumstances may arise that make it difficult to pay your water/wastewater bill. Situations such as extremely high bills caused by a concealed leak may be grounds to request a payment extension. Your payment history will be considered in granting extensions. Also, be aware that your account is still assessed a $20 late fee even though an extension has been granted. This amount must also be paid on the extension date.
To request an extension, call CityLink at 336-727-8000, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at least five working days before the account is scheduled to be disconnected.
All subsequent bills must be paid outside of the arrangement.