Requests for new service may be made by contacing City Link (311 or 336-727-8000). Arrangements to initiate service may also be made by using the online service, or by faxing, writing or visiting the Business Office.
Online page for water/stormwater bill paying, viewing bill, requesting service.
Send fax requests for new service to 336-747-7400 and written requests to:
ATTN: New Service
Utilities Business Office
City of Winston-Salem
P.O. Box 2756
Winston-Salem, NC 27102-2756
To request new service please provide the following information:
- Tax identification number/social security number or Driver's License Number (for credit evaluation). If a deposit is assessed, it must be paid prior to account set-up.
- A copy of your rental agreement (lease), if you rent. If a rental agreement is not available, please complete a Proof of Occupancy/[pdf] form.
- Address for service and mailing address if different.
- Date to start new service.
- Name to be used on the account.
If your request for service is received on Monday through Friday before noon, we can usually have service connected by the end of that day. However, if your request is received after noon, we can usually have service connected by noon the following workday.
The Business Office cannot initiate service on city holidays, weekends or at night.
Directions to City Hall and the Bryce A. Stuart Municipal Building
City Hall and the Bryce A. Stuart Municipal Building are located near I-40 Business in Downtown Winston-Salem. From I-40 Business take the Main St. Exit and then turn right on First Street. The Stuart Building is on the right and the entrance is on the corner of First and Church St. City Hall is on the left with entrances on Main Street.
Metered parking is available on the street and in the parking deck across Church St. or in the surface lot north of City Hall.