Overflows, Ruptures and Leaks

In case of overflow, rupture, leak, or sewer backup, call CityLink 311 or 336-727-8000.

Utilities Field Operations staff will be dispatched to determine the problem.

Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Utilities is responsible for breaks in water and wastewater mains in the street. The business or property owner is responsible for breaks on private property.

A sanitary sewer overflow will cause sewage to flow out of a manhole or sewer connection into the street or a yard. A sewer backup causes sewage to backup into a home or business.

Notify me of page changes

Receive E-Mail Notification When New Information is Posted on this Page
As a member, enjoy the benefits of MyCityofWS, including your choice of newsletters, and notifications about events and site updates. Login and Manage Your Subscriptions Now.