Planning and Development Department
- American Planning Association’s Daniel Burnham Award for a Comprehensive Plan, Presented in April at the national conference.
- Great Main Street in North Carolina, for Fourth Street--Downtown, by the NC Chapter of the American Planning Association
- Lynne Mitchell, outgoing City-County Planning Board member, given the 2014 Outstanding Appointed Official Award by the NC Chapter of the American Planning Association
- Monty Sprinkle was recognized as the 2013-14 Zoning Official of the Year by the North Carolina Association of Zoning Officials.
- The Inspections Division was given the 2013-14 President’s Choice Award from the North Carolina Building Inspector’s Association.
- City/County Legacy 2030 Plan wins national award
- Historic Bethabara Park Palisade Fort reconstruction won the Preservation North Carolina 2013 Minnette C. Duffy Landscape Preservation Award and Preserve Historic Forsyth’s 2013 Cultural Landscape Award.
- Top 10 Digital City 2013
- Dixie Classic Fair: Agricultural Award from the North Carolina Association of Agricultural Fairs; Youth Award from the North Carolina Association of Agricultural Fairs.
- Finance: Financial Management Services won the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the preparation of the Fiscal Year 2011-2012 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report; NC Treasurer’s Award for Excellence in Accounting and Financial Management for a several projects completed as part of a business process automation initiative.
- Fire Department: Housing Authority Award for the Stove-Top Fire Stop program
- Sanitation Awards: Silver award from North Carolina Department of Labor for a low number of accidents; national recognition from the Solid Waste Association of America (SWANA), receiving a bronze award for the collection system for single-stream recycling.
- Sustainability: "Community Champion" for 'Plug-In Electric Vehicle Readiness' by The NC Plug-In Electric Vehicle Taskforce which is funded by the U. S. Dept. of Energy.
- Vegetation Management: Tree City USA; Tree City USA Growth Award
- City, Piedmont Triad Research Park Awarded Grant
- LJVM Wins Award
- KWSB Wins Award 12/2007
- KWSB Wins Award Fourth Year Dec 2006
- Winston-Salem Digital City 2007
- Winston-Salem Named Tree City USA