Open Access to Financial Information FAQ

w-s logo

Open Access to Financial Information

Commonly used terms and abbreviations:

  • “General Ledger Transfer” – A entry in the city’s accounting books that moves a charge from one place to another. It can be used to correct an entry made in one account that should have been made in another. It also is often used where a large bill is paid from one account then charged back to other departments, examples are phone bills that are paid by Information Systems and then charged back to each department, or purchasing cards where the credit card bill is paid all at once and then the costs charged back to each department’s account according to their individual monthly statements.
  • “Inv” followed by a number or a description that is just a series of numbers; e.g. 11927, 11924, 11224. This information that is more of interest to vendors looking to see what the city has paid to them.
  • “Inv” stands for “invoice” and the numbers are the invoice numbers being paid on a particular check. Often, only the invoice number is entered in the description. The vendor or the department can tell what was purchased by looking up the invoice document by its number.
  • “IU” or “II” or “IS” followed by a series of numbers – A charge for an item issued from the city warehouse; e.g. IS0000000000000083110000 1.840 EA. Certain utilities piping, parts, and chemical, and some office supplies items such as hand sanitizer are issued from the city warehouse.
  • “PC” – an abbreviation for Purchasing Card. When combined with a name or initials it indicates the person responsible for charges on that card.
  • “P-Card” – an abbreviation for Purchasing Card.
  • “Petty Cash” – A reimbursement to an employee of the city where the employee paid out of their own pocket for a city expense of less than $35.
  • “Purchasing Card” – a VISA credit card issued to city employees to make pre-approved, small dollar purchases. This is a more efficient and less expensive way to buy small items and services. The city receives a rebate on all purchases made with a purchasing card.
  • “RCH” or “RCHS” – Refers to a cash receipt or revenue collection taken either in City Hall or the Bryce A. Stuart Municipal Building. This is usually where an expense is being reimbursed to the city. 

Notify me of page changes

Receive E-Mail Notification When New Information is Posted on this Page
As a member, enjoy the benefits of MyCityofWS, including your choice of newsletters, and notifications about events and site updates. Login and Manage Your Subscriptions Now.