Adopt a Stream is a new program jointly coordinated with Keep Winston-Salem Beautiful and the Stormwater Division of the City of Winston-Salem. Groups are asked to "adopt" sections of local waterways. They are asked to monitor the waterways and clean them twice a year. Supplies will be provided and signs will be erected with the group’s name. Participants in this program must be at least 12 years old.
Become an Adopt A Stream Volunteer!
Adopt A Stream Agreement [pdf/39kb/1p]
Adopt A Stream Participants
- AIDS Care Service at Spring Park from West End to Broad St.
- American Red Cross at Monarcas Creek-Bowen Blvd. Branch
- Americorps at Salem Creek-Broad St.
- Ardmore Baptist Church at Miller Park-Bottom Branch
- Bunker Family at a Mill Creek tributary on North Reynolda Rd.
- Centenary UMC Environmental Council at Silas Creek from Yorkshire Rd. south to Silas Creek Pkwy
- Cub Scout Pack 779 of Kernersville at Silas Creek at the Par Course on Silas Creek Parkway
- Douglas Battery at a tributary of Salem Creek from Douglas Battery outfall to Starlight Dr.
- Habitat for Humanity at Brushy Fork Creek at Old Greensboro Rd. and Waterworks Rd.
- Happy Hill Community at Willow St. tributary from Alder St. upstream
- Ward Elementary Science Club at a tributary of Salem Creek
- Paisley IB Magnet School at Monarcas Creek-Old Town Rd., Bethabara Park
- Piedmont Regional Association of Volunteer Administrators at Tar Branch-Main St.
- Rolling Hills 4-H Club (Calvin's Kids Club) at Tributary from Mt. Zion Rd. through Skyland Park
- Salem Academy and College at Salem Creek from Central Park to Main St.
- Scout Troop/Cub Pack 926 at Peter's Creek from Glade St. to First St.
- Waughtown Preservation and Revitalization Coalition at Burgundy St. tributary-Belview Recreation Center
- West Forsyth YMCA Teen at Peter's Creek from Glade St. to Reynolda Rd-Hanes Park
- Youth Leaders in Action at Greenway Park creek
- Whistling Waters at Peter's Creek from Reynolda Rd. to West End Blvd.