Social Media Policy
Web Site Policies / Social Media Policy
The City of Winston-Salem provides this web site as a means to communicate with citizens and the world at large about our services and present matters of public interest.
In addition to this web site, we make use of social media sites as additional means of communication. The City of Winston-Salem has pages on Facebook, YouTube, Flickr, Google +, LinkedIn, and Twitter web sites.
These sites are moderated; we welcome participation of our citizens and ask that you recognize these guidelines:
- Once posted, the city reserves the right to delete comments that
- contain vulgar language
- are personal attacks of any kind
- are offensive comments
- are prejudiced or hurtful remarks made toward any ethnic, racial, or religious group
- are spam
- include sales/promotion of goods or services or links to other sites
- include promotion of events or activities that are not city-sponsored
- are clearly off-topic
- advocate illegal activity
- promote particular services, products, or political organizations/candidates/ideas
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks
The social media sites are not forums for submitting public comment. If you would like to comment on city-proposed projects, plans, policies, and programs, please visit the city web site home page and use the "City Link 311" link to submit your comments online, or attend any of the public hearings or open comment meetings that are held. There is also contact information on this web site for city departments and employees. If you have a concern, we want to help.
Please note that the comments expressed on social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) by others do not reflect the opinions and position of the City of Winston-Salem or its employees.
Any non-city links you may see here do not constitute endorsement by the City of Winston-Salem
Thank you for joining us in the social media world!
If you have questions about this policy, please contact email@example.com.
Our social media pages!